Eleviant is to Elevate & Scale. Eleviant Tech symbolizes business transformation and reinforces our mission to help clients elevate and scale their business.
How a Leading Security Products Manufacturer Improved Their Performance and Operational Efficiency with the Right Quality Assurance Approach
A global remote gate access control manufacturer based in the United States embarked on a transformative journey to improve customer satisfaction by making the process of connecting visitors and property owners more efficient. With multiple products and complex systems involved, a customized quality and assurance approach was required to make connectivity much more reliable and efficient.
- The application was fast evolving, bringing in new features and enhancements for end-users and supporting new device upgrades. The development methodology was agile, and the client had to test different gate devices manually for every release. Since the basic functionalities and flows involved were complex, functional verification for different device types during every release became time-consuming.
- Devices connect to multiple networks and cloud providers via various protocols in the infrastructure. These networks are configured in high availability mode and must be tested.
- The performance of the portal and underlying infrastructure had to be checked with the numerous devices attached to the admin portal and a vast user database.
- Various device types are connecting to the server via different protocols and IP addressing schemes over multiple types of networks.
- Firmware upgrades for each device were labor-intensive, time-consuming and had to be completed during off-peak hours.
Quality Assurance Techniques Adopted
Keeping the product’s quality in mind, Eleviant’s QA team devised a strategy to test the complete system using several techniques to avoid any functional flaws that may cost the client a great deal of money and reputation. They performed the various testing techniques listed below to keep the system intact.
- Post Migration Testing
- High Availability Testing/Packet Analysis
- Access Control Testing Using Wiegand
- LoRaWAN Gateways And Nodes Testing
The manual verification of API requests to multiple devices was time-consuming. Eleviant’s quality assurance team eliminated the time-consuming manual testing and instead used JMeter to automate all APIs to ensure backend verification. The team prepared JMeter scripts to execute and get results from all of the APIs. They also added JDBC queries to connect to the database and used JMeter assertion to validate the results. IP restricted execution of the automation scripts was done to ensure the security of the database.
Performance Testing For
- SIP Manager API
- SIP Register And Video Call
- Dashboard Monitoring
This is not All!
There is more to the story! Just fill in your details, and we will immediately mail the complete case study to dive deep into our tools and methodologies. So please take a look at the case study to know the value delivered and technology used to transform our client's business.