Eleviant is to Elevate & Scale. Eleviant Tech symbolizes business transformation and reinforces our mission to help clients elevate and scale their business.
A Famous Restaurant Chain Attains 90% ADA Compliance
About Our Client
The client is a leader in the hospitality industry, operating two world’s renowned dining brands. The restaurant chain has its presence in the Americas, Asia, and the Middle East.
Eleviant’s team of ADA experts assessed the restaurant chain’s website adherence to the ADA regulations, including the third-party integration. It scored 74% as per the WCAG 2.0 AA level guidelines. They were facing discrepancies in their website design along with digital tools. There was an impending need to improve the amicability with the disabled population as instructed by the authorities.
Furthermore, the cuisine giant had to overcome the following issues to become ADA compliant:
- There was 1334 high seriousness infringement (some crossing the threshold score of 7) at the principal site without the outsider combination locales.
- There were 28541 infringements at the total site with outsider connections included.
- The website was redesigned as per the WCAG 2.0 AA level guidelines, enabling it to have a
more accessible structure.
- Collaterals like images and content were now easily recognizable by the individuals with impaired vision.
- What was earlier difficult to key in – the forms, instructions and other content was now easily accessible to the users with different inabilities on the applications.
- The site pictures were revamped with user-friendly content which would be recognized by the assistive technology tools and are logical as well.
- The Nutritional and Allergen data tables were re-planned as a component of HTML pages, information abiding to the WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines.
- The application was revamped to be less dependent on the mouse tool and also included relevant key tabs for easy usage by the special users.
Curious to know more?
Fill in your details to receive the complete case study and amp your knowledge about the perquisites of the American Disabilities Act compliance.