Eleviant is to Elevate & Scale. Eleviant Tech symbolizes business transformation and reinforces our mission to help clients elevate and scale their business.
Mobile Apps for Employee Engagement: Practical Advice and Key Takeaways
Your employees’ engagement levels indirectly influence customer retention and profit. A survey and research study proves that companies with better employee engagement savor enhanced customer retention and profit rates by up to 202%. That is why organizations that solely focused on customer engagement in the past are now developing employee engagement strategies to improve gains.
Companies that use a mobile app for employee engagement enjoy impressive profits. In this blog post, we have compiled some exciting pointers for C-level executives planning to use an employee engagement mobile app to achieve rapid growth.
Why Employee Engagement Matters
Investing in workplace culture offers multi-fold benefits. For example, a sales employee who feels valued at work would go beyond measure to nurture connections with decision-makers and grab contracts that could generate millions for your company.
An employee engagement app connects employees with each other and management. It simplifies communications at work and ensures that everyone in the team, whether desk or field staff, gets relevant and timely business information. The top benefits of a mobile app to increase Employee Engagement include:
- Improved collaboration
- Connected front-line workers and desk teams
- Saved time
- Improved process efficiency, and productivity
How to Pick the Best Employee Engagement App for Your Business?
With so many employee engagement apps available on the market, choosing the right one for your business can be slightly overwhelming. Here are the key factors to consider before making that decision:
Choose an App that Aligns with Your Business Strategy
While many apps on the market support a multitude of features, it is crucial that you choose a solution that aligns with your business processes and meets your objectives. For example, if your employees use Microsoft Office 365 products, a SharePoint-based modern employee engagement solution like PeopleOne may be the best bet for your business. With PeopleOne, you can make the most of Office365 capabilities and provide an integrated experience for your employees.
Check if the App has Adequate Engagement Features
An employee engagement app with a highly complex workflow and a significant learning curve can discourage employees. So, it is important to choose an app that offers essential features and has an intuitive user interface. Some of the essential app features to look out for include the following:
- Integration Capabilities – An employee engagement app customized for your business operations can reduce the number of times your employees navigate between business applications. For example, PeopleOne supports office365, third-party and proprietary application integrations. With the app, your field teams and remote workers can access business tools and documents on the go.
- Personalized Experience – Check if the app offers a personalized experience for employees based on their job roles. For example, the app can display the last opened files on the dashboard or a link to the relevant business tools to provide a personalized experience.
- Social Components & Content Sharing – The modern workforce expects a sense of togetherness. Your app must include social components to keep Gen Zs engaged. PeopleOne supports not only social features but also allows easy collaboration. Team members can find and access project documents from a centralized repository.
- Surveys, Polls & Discussion Forums – Surveys and polls are excellent features that allow employers to gauge employee wellbeing. Discussion forums are great for long conversations or two-way communication.
- Push Notifications – This feature is useful when you want to notify employees about critical business updates. With push notifications, you can ensure that your employees receive important information promptly, whether they are working at their desks or out in the field.
- Analytics – The employee engagement app must include features that allow you to identify what content your employees find useful or interesting. Some key metrics to track include the number of views, likes and comments. Unlike email, with an employee engagement app, you do not have to second guess if your employees are receiving important business updates.
Choose an Expert Technology Partner
Customizing and rolling the app across your organization does not have to be challenging. Our expert team has developed employee engagement apps for multiple clients across the globe. Explore our case studies to see how we’ve helped our clients.
Evaluate Support Options
Developing and implementing an app for your enterprise isn’t a one-time process. Maintaining and upgrading the application with the latest technology is critical for optimum efficiency.
With so much of our lives conducted through our smartphones, it’s no surprise that more companies are leveraging a mobile app to connect with their employees and keep them engaged and productive.
PeopleOne is a SharePoint-based highly customizable mobile employee engagement app that offers all the essential features for a modern workforce. Investing in PeopleOne is a smart move for organizations looking to improve employee experience, boost productivity, and achieve long-term success. Talk to our experts to see how PeopleOne can increase engagement in your organization.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on June 28, 2017, and has been completely revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.